The easy way of dimming
With the new and innovative digital dimming system dimMA compact, the well-known reliability of the MA touring dimmers in combination with the outstanding features of the dimMA system is now available for permanent installations. All features of the dimMA system are the same as for the dimMA compact. It is just called compact due to the fact that it is only 4 units high and offers a 12 channel fitting.
This allows 108 channels in a dimMA cabinet, which is a Rittal rack. It has a foot print of only 0.36m² so it can be packed tightly. All connections and outgoing lines are located inside the cabinet. The modular connection system on the back side of the modules makes it easy to change modules and makes any additional load terminals or patch fields unnecessary. Power feed and outgoing cables can either be routed from the top or from the bottom of the cabinet.
Rugged cabinet construction
The cabinet can be fitted with 9 modules of 12 channels (a maximum of 108 x 3,000VA) or 9 modules of 6 channels (a maximum of 54 x 5,700VA). Each cabinet can be populated with modules of different types.
In addition switch modules (with relay) are available that are compatible with phase-cut modules. Thus the digital dimming system for installations is ready for the future and based on proven and rugged technology.
For power input (TN-S net), there is an integrated three-phase bus-bar system with a load capacity of 400A per phase.
Upon request, the cabinets can be equipped with special components such as main circuit-breakers, additional parallel output terminals and RCD per channel.
The plug-in modules for the dimMA digital dimming system are available with load ratings of 12 x 3,000VA or 6 x 5,700VA with a rise time of 280µs. Each dimmer circuit has high quality thyristors and filter suppression.
This allows us to offer the optimal solution for every kind of application while also taking economic aspects into consideration. Each dimmer module features a separate single-PCB computer with power supply and communicates with the MA NDP (Network Dimmer Processor) of the cabinet via a CAN-bus interface. Dimmer modules of the same rating may be freely exchanged; any assigned settings such as dimmer number, dimming curve, non-dimming operation, and special and/or panic functions remain linked to the plug-in slot location and apply to any new module inserted.
Each module is cooled with two temperature-controlled fans activated only if the module is actually in use. This reduces drastically the amount of noise produced by the dimming system because only those components are cooled that need it. Via the MA NDP, each dimmer circuit provides the lighting control system with detailed information about current and voltage, the status of the load connected, and about any faults occurring.
Key features (mechanical and electrical)
- Sturdy dimmer cabinet with a footprint of only 600 x 600mm for 9 dimmer modules
- Screwed-in dimmer modules with two power ratings of 3,000VA or 5,700VA
- Cabinets can be populated with a variety of modules of different types and loads
- A main circuit-breaker and a residual current device for each dimmer module are fitted as standard
Key features (control)
- All dimmers are fitted with current sensing and fault feedback functions via Ethernet as standard
- Load check, control checking and fault indication with LEDs for each dimmer circuit
- Two independent signal inputs via Ethernet and/or DMX with individual patch
- LTP-, HTP- and backup link of the control input possible
- Two separate DMX inputs A + B with Thru output for additional cabinets
- Conversion and output of two additional DMX lines when controlled via Ethernet
- Second processor as a synchronous back-up system available as an option
|Dimensions||600 x 600 x 2,100mm / 23.6 x 23.6 x 82.7inch|
|Number of channels||0 – max 96|
|Phase system (for dimmers)||TN-S, 3P+N+PE|