MA Lighting’s visualiser and preprogramming studio – the PC software MA 3D – is an extremely powerful tool to visualise and design three-dimensional stage layouts. In conjunction with any grandMA2 console or the grandMA2 onPC program conventional and moving light fixtures can be displayed.
MA 3D allows a straight forward design and set up of any custom stage or scenery layout with its 2D drawing facilities and a library of basic graphical elements. Multiple windows both in 2D or 3D view with any camera angle can be opened at the same time and will be updated in real-time. All the stage elements can be positioned in x/y/z directions and can also be rotated around the various axes. Textures to design these elements’ surfaces can be chosen from the huge built-in library, or you may import your own graphic files and even video clips and use them as textures.
Position and rotation parameters of objects and cameras on the virtual stage can be controlled via DMX. The equipment can be moved freely in the 3D space via the connected grandMA2 console.
Another big advantage is that the 3D environment is stored in the same showfile in the grandMA2 system. No matter where you are and which type of grandMA2 console and other MA equipment is being used – you always have the complete showfile with you!
The MA 3D application runs on powerful Windows® PCs and communicates with the grandMA2 console via network.
- Real-time 3D visualisation of all important functions and effects of luminaires and moving lights
- Bi-directional data exchange with the grandMA2 consoles – using the same setups
- Live or blind programming and preview mode
- Follow mode for live-positioning of fixtures from the MA 3D program to the console
- Multiple cameras are available that can be selected and independently positioned during visualisation
- Preprogramming of entire shows just with grandMA2 onPC and MA 3D
- Precise and realistic reproduction of shadows & colour beams in realtime
- MA 3D is available free of charge.