MA Lighting has developed the MA VPU (Video Processing Unit) as a powerful solution for controlling, live accessing and altering videos, still images and 3D objects in real time.
All videos, still images and 3D objects can be scaled, positioned, tiled, colored and manipulated directly from any grandMA2 console. It is as simple as controlling any other fixture – the MA VPU just has to be added to the network session. There are no additional parameters needed to control an MA VPU. The whole operation relies on the highly intuitive well-established MA philosophy. So if you know grandMA2, you know the MA VPU.
Thanks to the power of the MA VPU all videos can be displayed in up-to Full-HD (MA VPU plus: 1,080p) or HD (MA VPU basic: 720p). Furthermore, the internal output synchronization of the MA-Net2 ensures the highest frame and DMX synchronicity.
Horizontal and vertical softedge blending as well as keystone correction help to scale videos to any size desired. Size doesn't matter! More than that, the MA VPU offers a convenient 3D keystoning functionality and enables the user to fit content to any 3D objects, regardless of size and shape. Furthermore improvements to frame interpolation and smooth speed control can be used to adjust the playback speed.
Beyond that there is a myriad of functions, features and effects available like frame blending, colour boost, dynamic colour key, contrast, brightness, hue, saturation as well as blur, sepia, black/white, ocean and invert and many more. All can be easily accessed and are self-explanatory in their use. Combinations of videos and still images can be mixed and controlled, and JPEG images and standard windows bitmap images such as *.bmp as well as *.gif are supported. Up to 32 x 3D-video-layers (8 for the MA VPU basic) are possible for content.
The MA VPU can be programmed via the grandMA2 console in blind and preview modes. This means that the MA VPU follows the console to blind and preview which simplifies programming considerably.
Based on the rock-solid technology of MA Lighting, different versions of the MA VPU are available, that suit all your needs and are optimised for transportation, longevity and on-the-road use. Each MA VPU comes with a pre-installed content library comprising more than 17GB of professional content.
- Configuration, programming, operation, content distribution and software updates via any grandMA2
- Best hardware components encapsulated and decoupled for outstanding performance and rock-solid reliability
- Plug-and-play for instant start
- Supports blind-mode and preview programming (switchable from the console)
- Built-in EDID manager to avoid wrong output configuration
- Advanced pixel mapping functionality – DVI out and Pixelmapper can be used simultaneously
- Frame and DMX synchronicity
- Very low latency live video input (optional)
- 3D keystoning and softedging
- Efficient backup solution – one additional MA VPU is capable of backing up several MA VPU
- Implemented text ticker
- Layer reference option: this allows any layer as input for another
- Professional balanced sound playback (with or without ground lift)
|Operating voltage/ Supply voltage||120V/230V, 50/60Hz (automatic detection)|
|Dimensions||485 x 211 x 627mm / 19 x 8.3 x 24.7inch|
|Net weight||15kg / 33lbs|
|Output connectors||2 x DVI|
2 x XLR 3pin Sound (balanced)
2 x etherCON
2 x USB
1 x eSATA
1 x powerCON out
|Input connectors||1 x powerCON In|